Are on a tear? : having great success over a period of time The team has been on a tear in recent weeks.
How do you use the word tear in a sentence?
Tear sentence example
- A tear slipped down her cheek. …
- Her voice broke and a tear slid down her face. …
- I already knew you could tear people’s heads off. …
- She blinked back a tear , but it escaped and slid down her cheek. …
- « I can’t tear myself to pieces, » the doctor was saying. …
- He drew back and a real tear appeared in his eye.
What Tare means?
tare TAIR noun. 1 : a deduction from the gross weight of a substance and its container made in allowance for the weight of the container; also : the weight of the container. 2 : counterweight.
What’s the story Irish slang?
1. What’s the craic? … “How’s the craic?” or “s’craic?” meaning “what’s up?”, “what’s happening?”, “what’s the story?”, or just “hello”/”how are ya?”A typical response is “divil a bit,” which means “not much.”
Whats a bender mean?
What is a bender? This slang term can mean a drug party, an extended period of continued drug use. An alcoholic bender is a multiple-day drinking spree during which the person does not eat and gets very little sleep. If you’re on a bender, you might pass out for a short time, wake up and start drinking again.
What are the two meanings of tear?
1 : to pull into two or more pieces by force This paper is easy to tear. 2 : to wound or injure by or as if by tearing : lacerate Use an ointment where you tore the skin. 3 : to remove by force I tore the notice from the wall. 4 : to move powerfully or swiftly A car tore up the street.
How do you use tears?
Tilt your head back, look up, and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch. For drops/gels, place the dropper directly over the eye and squeeze out 1 or 2 drops as needed. Look down and gently close your eye for 1 or 2 minutes. Place one finger at the corner of the eye near the nose and apply gentle pressure.
What is another word for cry tears?
What is another word for tears?
|cry of pain|
|cry of grief||greeting|
How do you tare something?
1. Tear, rend, rip mean to pull apart. To tear is to split the fibers of something by pulling apart, usually so as to leave ragged or irregular edges: to tear open a letter. Rend implies force or violence in tearing apart or in pieces: to rend one’s clothes in grief.
What means tare weight?
: the officially accepted weight of an empty car, vehicle, or container that when subtracted from gross weight yields the net weight of cargo or shipment upon which charges can be calculated — compare tare entry 2.
What does tare it up mean?
to destroy something such as a piece of paper or cloth by pulling it into pieces. I tore up all the photos of my old boyfriend. Synonyms and related words. To destroy or severely damage something.
Why do the Irish say Feck?
It is also used as Irish slang meaning « throw » (e.g. « he fecked the remote control across the table at me ».) It has also been used as a verb meaning « to steal » (e.g. « they had fecked cash out of the rector’s room ») or to discover a safe method of robbery or cheating.
What do the Irish call a girl?
“Cailín” means “girl” in the Irish language.
What do Irish call each other?
Mucker. Mate, pal, friend.
What happens if you drink 3 days in a row?
Both he and Cullen say there’s also evidence that, over the long term, consecutive nights of heavy drinking on a regular basis—like partying hard every Friday and Saturday night—could increase your risks for liver disease, heart disease, stroke, and other health issues.
What’s a bender in British slang?
In England, the term “bender” is slang for “homosexual.”
Why is a Bender called a bender?
The name Bender was chosen by creator Matt Groening as an homage to John Bender (Judd Nelson), a character in The Breakfast Club. In that film, John Bender told Principal Vernon (Paul Gleason), « Eat my shorts, » an eventual catchphrase for another Groening creation, Bart Simpson.
What’s the difference between tears and tears?
As nouns the difference between tears and tear
is that tears is while tear is a hole or break caused by tearing or tear can be a drop of clear, salty liquid produced from the eyes by crying or irritation.
Are tears crying?
Crying or weeping is the shedding of tears (or welling of tears in the eyes) in response to an emotional state, pain or a physical irritation of the eye. Emotions that can lead to crying include sadness, anger, and even happiness.
What is the meaning of torn clothes?
Torn is defined as to have ripped or shredded something in the past. An example of torn is to have gotten a hole in one’s pants yesterday. … The definition of torn is ripped or shredded. An example of torn used as an adjective is the phrase « torn jeans, » which means jeans with holes in them.
Are tears antibacterial?
Foreign bodies that enter the eye are washed out by tears. Moreover, tears contain a substance called lysozyme, which has an antibacterial action, and works to prevent invasion and infection by microbes. Tears contain components that heal damage to the surface of the eye.
What are natural tears drops?
CVS Health Natural Tears Lubricant Eye Drops are a non-irritating, preservative free solution for temporary relief of dry, burning, irritated eyes. It restores moisture and provides soothing relief for dry irritated eyes, which can be caused by excessive heat, air conditioning, reading, medications or computer use.
Does drinking water help dry eyes?
While drinking water and staying hydrated helps produce natural tears more effectively, dry eye treatments are usually required to relieve the uncomfortable symptoms associated with the condition.
What do you call someone who cries?
Definitions of crybaby. a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining. synonyms: bellyacher, complainer, grumbler, moaner, sniveller, squawker, whiner.
What is a person who lacks courage called?
1. Cowardly, timid, timorous refer to a lack of courage or self-confidence. … Timid means lacking in boldness or self-confidence even when there is no danger present: a timid person who stood in the way of his own advancement.
What do you call a loud cry?
1. Scream, shriek, screech apply to crying out in a loud, piercing way. … Shriek usually refers to a sharper and briefer cry than scream; when caused by fear or pain, it is often indicative of more terror or distress; shriek is also used for shrill uncontrolled cries: to shriek with laughter.