Did I touch a sore spot? touch (on) a sore spot
To evoke a strong and negative emotional reaction in someone; to do or say something that upsets someone in a deeply personal way. Your column must have touched a sore spot with readers, because we are getting slammed with negative feedback.
How do you use the word sore?
soreMy feet are sore from walking around all day .
- My eyes feel really sore.
- I have a sore throat and a runny nose.
- My throat is so sore that it really hurts when I swallow.
- The chlorine in the pool makes my eyes sore.
- The muscles in my legs still feel very sore after all that exercise.
What is a touch spot?
noun. Physiology. Any circumscribed area of the skin that is particularly sensitive to touch or pressure; compare « cold spot », « hot spot ».
What is sensitive spot?
1 having the power of sensation. 2 responsive to or aware of feelings, moods, reactions, etc. 3 easily irritated; delicate. sensitive skin. 4 affected by external conditions or stimuli.
What does hit a nerve mean?
: to make someone feel angry, upset, embarrassed, etc. Something she said to him must have hit/struck/touched a nerve. I’ve never seen him so angry.
What does it mean if your arm is aching?
What causes arm pain? Typically arm pain is due to overuse, injury, or age-related wear and tear on the muscles, bones, joints, tendons and ligaments of the arm. Usually these conditions are not serious and you can prevent and treat overuse and minor injuries with self-care and lifestyle changes.
How do you use suddenly?
- [S] [T] I’m suddenly tired. ( CK)
- [S] [T] He suddenly fell ill. ( CK)
- [S] [T] I suddenly feel sick. ( CK)
- [S] [T] It happened suddenly. ( CK)
- [S] [T] Tom stopped suddenly. ( CK)
- [S] [T] Tom suddenly stopped. ( CK)
- [S] [T] Tom appeared suddenly. ( CK)
- [S] [T] Tom stood up suddenly. ( CK)
How do you use set off in a sentence?
provoke or stir up.
- The sun was already up when they set off.
- We ate a hearty breakfast before we set off.
- People set off fireworks and tooted their car horns.
- He proposed to set off immediately.
- ‘Ready?’ …
- The explorers set off to conquer new territories.
- Without more/much/further ado, we set off.
What is the most beautiful part of a woman body?
RELATED: What The ‘Ideal’ Woman Looks Like Around The World
Unlike the men, women do indeed find the chest to be the body part that makes a most attractive, with 24 percent selecting a man’s pecs as their top choice. This was followed by hair, at 22 percent.
Which parts of man is most sensitive?
The head of the penis (glans) has about 4,000 nerve endings which makes it one of the most erogenous zones of the male body. That’s not all, though: the frenulum (v-shaped part under the head, before the shaft begins) is another extremely sensitive part, as is the foreskin, in cases of uncircumcised penises.
What body part has the most pain receptors?
The forehead and fingertips are the most sensitive parts to pain, according to the first map created by scientists of how the ability to feel pain varies across the human body.
What happens if you hit a nerve with a needle?
If a nerve is hit, the patient will feel an immediate burning pain, which can result in paralysis or neuropathy that does not always resolve.
What does getting on my nerves mean?
: to become extremely annoying to someone That car alarm is getting on my nerves.
Did I touch your nerve?
If you say that you have touched a nerve or touched a raw nerve, you mean that you have accidentally upset someone by talking about something that they feel strongly about or are very sensitive about.
How do I know if my arm pain is serious?
Seek emergency treatment if you have:
- Arm, shoulder or back pain that comes on suddenly, is unusually severe, or is accompanied by pressure, fullness or squeezing in your chest (this may signal a heart attack)
- An obvious deformity or protruding bone in your arm or wrist, especially if you have bleeding or other injuries.
What does cardiac arm pain feel like?
The discomfort may feel like heaviness, fullness, squeezing, or pain. Discomfort in the upper body parts such as the arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach. This may feel like pain or general discomfort.
How do you know if arm pain is heart related?
Often, an initial symptom of a heart attack is sudden left arm pain that gets increasingly intense over the course of a few minutes. Other symptoms of heart attack are: discomfort/pressure in the center of the chest. discomfort in the jaw, neck, back, or stomach.
What comes after suddenly?
A comma is necessary after “suddenly” when it is used as an introductory sentence element as well as when it is used parenthetically. A parenthesis is a grammatically-irrelevant yet stylistically-important remark added to create emphasis, in which the emphatic effect can only be achieved by comma encapsulation.
What can I say instead of suddenly?
What is suddenly in grammar?
Happening quickly and with little or no warning; in a sudden manner.
What is set off example?
We would like to set off for Paris by 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. As soon as the alarm went off it set off the dogs. We didn’t sleep at all. The fact that he cannot remember to take his books to school really sets me off.
What do you mean of set off?
1 : the reduction or discharge of a debt by setting against it a claim in favor of the debtor specifically : the reduction or discharge of a party’s debt or claim by an assertion of another claim arising out of another transaction or cause of action against the other party.
What is a set off in legal terms?
1. The right of someone who owes money to subtract from the debt any money owed in the other direction. 2. A defedant’s monetary demand against the plaintiff for some injury unrelated to the plaintiff’s claim.
What body shape do guys find most attractive?
For men, according to evolutionary theory, the android body shape with greater musculature on the upper body and a narrow pelvis with a little waist is associated with higher testosterone and good health. This is the classic “V-shaped” body, and men with this type are seen as more dominant.
What makes a woman attractive physically?
Generally, men prefer women with full breasts, lips, symmetrical face, big smile, wider waist-hip ratio, healthy hair, high-pitched voice, clear skin, and big eyes are the morphological features in female bodies that men find attractive.