Does liberally mean a lot? Liberal means giving, using, or taking a lot of something, or existing in large quantities. As always he is liberal with his jokes. Synonyms: abundant, generous, handsome, lavish More Synonyms of liberal. liberally adverb [ADV with v]
What is a raiment mean?
2 plural raiments, chiefly literary : an article of clothing : garment … I tell thee, holy man, / Thy raiments and thy ebony cross affright me!—
Does liberally mean generously?
in large amounts; generously; abundantly:Sprinkle liberally with paprika, sea salt, and chili oil.
What does it mean to take something liberally?
1. a. Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded. See Synonyms at broad-minded.
What does it mean to pour liberally?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishlib‧e‧ral‧ly /ˈlɪbərəli/ AWL adverb 1 using or including plenty of something, especially in a generous way Apply the glue liberally to both surfaces.
How do you say the word raiment?
Tips to improve your English pronunciation:
- Break ‘raiment’ down into sounds: [RAY] + [MUHNT] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘raiment’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
How do you use raiment in a sentence?
Raiment sentence example
- God will give food and raiment to those who are seeking His kingdom. …
- Yet men imagine gods to be born, and to have raiment and voice and body, like themselves.. …
- What are the nakedness and the vesture, the shining raiment , the priestly insignia, the girdles?
What is a raiment of camel’s hair?
Jerome: His raiment of camel’s hair, not of wool—the one the mark of austerity in dress, the other of a delicate luxury. Pseudo-Chrysostom: It becomes the servants of God to use a dress not for elegant appearance, or for cherishing of the body, but for a covering of the nakedness.
Does liberally mean free?
Liberal can be traced back to the Latin word liber (meaning “free”), which is also the root of liberty (« the quality or state of being free ») and libertine (« one leading a dissolute life »).
What does it mean to apply something generously?
in a way that shows a willingness to give money, help, kindness, etc., especially more than is usual or expected: Please give generously to charity.
What is another word for liberally?
What does water liberally mean?
In a generous manner. Synonyms: generously; liberally; munificently.
What is another word for freely?
In this page you can discover 56 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for freely, like: willingly, at will, without restraint, willfully, of one’s own volition, voluntarily, smoothly, as one pleases, abundantly, at pleasure and of one’s own free will.
What is the word generously mean?
adjective. liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish: a generous patron of the arts; a generous gift. free from meanness or smallness of mind or character; magnanimous. large; abundant; ample: a generous portion of pie.
What is the meaning of bedecked in English?
transitive verb. 1 : to clothe with finery : deck. 2 : decorate sense 2.
How do you use finesse in a sentence?
Examples of finesse in a Sentence
Verb He managed to finesse a deal through bargaining. She is just trying to finesse the issue.
How do you use temperance in a sentence?
Temperance sentence example
- This creature succeeded by other means than temperance and purity. …
- He was actively interested in peace, temperance and anti-slavery movements. …
- It was at a temperance meeting.
How did Jesus Eat?
Based on the Bible and historical records, Jesus most likely ate a diet similar to the Mediterranean diet, which includes foods like kale, pine nuts, dates, olive oil, lentils and soups. They also baked fish.
What was John’s main message?
John’s theme of life- eternal life, comes up again and again. One could argue this is his main purpose: to demonstrate Jesus as the source of eternal life. We’ve been throwing around the term “gospel” a lot.
Who disowned Jesus 3 times?
Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. Mark 14:66–72.
Which word in para 4 means liberal?
The word ‘freedom‘ in paragraph 4 means ‘liberal. ‘
What is another word for generously?
What is another word for generously?
How do you use generously in a sentence?
Generously sentence example
- He also generously awarded those who helped him win battles. …
- The public library is generously endowed, and in 1908 had about 90,000 volumes. …
- The city is likewise generously provided with hospitals and asylums. …
- Please give generously to the American Red Cross.
What type of word is offered?
Offered is a verb – Word Type.
Leave a comment