What is example of sentence? A simple sentence has the most basic elements that make it a sentence: a subject, a verb, and a completed thought. Examples of simple sentences include the following: Joe waited for the train. The train was late.
What type of word is use?
verb (used with object), used, us·ing.
What are sentences 10 examples?
10 example of simple sentence
- Does he play tennis?
- The train leaves every morning at 18 AM.
- Water freezes at 0°C.
- I love my new pets.
- They don’t go to school tomorrow.
- We drink coffee every morning.
- 7.My Dad never works on the weekends.
- Cats hate water.
What are 5 sentences?
- My mom taught me to finish everything on my plate at dinner.
- The only problem with a pencil, is that they do not stay sharp long enough.
- Our school building is made of bricks.
- Every night I get woken up by the sound of a barking dog across the street.
- Salad is for rabbits.
What are three sentences?
Three essential types of sentence are declarative sentences (which are statements), interrogative sentences (which are questions), and imperative sentences (which are orders).
What type of word is your?
Your is the possessive form of the pronoun you. Your is used as a second-person possessive adjective. This means that the word your is always followed by a noun which belongs to or is associated with you.
What type of word is very?
Very can be an adjective or an adverb.
How do we use will?
We can use “will” to talk about the future. We also use will to make predictions, talk about decisions, and to make promises, offers, requests and threats.
What is a proper sentence?
Key Takeaways. A sentence is complete when it contains both a subject and verb. A complete sentence makes sense on its own. Every sentence must have a subject, which usually appears at the beginning of the sentence. A subject may be a noun (a person, place, or thing) or a pronoun.
What are the simple sentence in English?
A simple sentence is a sentence that contains a single independent clause. In grammar, a clause is a group of words that contains a subject and a predicate. The subject is the word that indicates what a sentence is about or who or what is performing an action.
How do you write 5 sentences?
A five sentence paragraph consists of a main idea sentence, three sentences that explain the main idea with reasons, details or facts and a concluding sentence.
- Brainstorm. To begin, the elementary student puts her ideas down on paper in a web centered around the main idea. …
- Outline. …
- Write the Paragraph. …
- Look It Over.
Can I start sentence with me?
Me = an object pronoun, used as an object or receiver for the object. You can use Me at the start of the sentence when it makes sense to put the object receiver before the object, or when you have another differentiator, or no object. These sentences are very rare in Standard English.
What are the 7 types of sentences?
The other way is based on a sentence’s structure (simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex).
- Statements/Declarative Sentences. These are the most common type of sentence. …
- Questions/Interrogative Sentences. …
- Exclamations/Exclamatory Sentences. …
- Commands/Imperative Sentences.
What is the main sentence?
The two most basic parts of a sentence are the subject and predicate. The subject of a sentence is the person, place, or thing that is performing the action of the sentence. … The simple subject usually contains a noun or pronoun and can include modifying words, phrases, or clauses.
What are the 2 types of sentences?
A simple sentence is the most effective way to deliver one main point.
- COMPOUND SENTENCES contain two or more independent clauses. …
- COMPLEX SENTENCES have one independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. …
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX sentences have two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses.
What is your in a sentence?
Basically, your is a possessive form of you. For example, “You forgot your scarf at the store.” “You” own the scarf in this situation. It lets us know to whom the noun belongs and comes before a noun in the sentence.
What does your * mean in texting?
Asterisk. Meaning: You’re afraid the person isn’t as cool as you. The main reason people use asterisks in a text is to censor a word, for example: « I like deep-fried sandwiches so my friends call me the C*** of Monte Cristo.
What is difference between your and you re?
Your is possessive, meaning that something belongs to you or the person you are speaking to. For example, “What is your name?” Or, “Are these your car keys?” You’re is a combination of the words, you and are. … You’re is the words you are put together.
What is very in grammar?
Very + Adjective or Adverb
Very is used to emphasize an adjective or an adverb. It often has a positive meaning. The book is very interesting. She can type very quickly.
What word can replace very?
Here are 20 useful English words instead of “very” you can use in business situations:
- excellent = very good.
- exact = very accurate.
- obvious = very clear.
- cutthroat = very competitive.
- comprehensive = very complete.
- innovative = very creative.
- meticulous = very detailed.
- costly = very expensive.
Can we say very amazing?
GrammarAmazing is not used with ‘very’. You say: It was an absolutely amazing day. ✗Don’t say: It was a very amazing day.
Can and could grammar?
Can, like could and would, is used to ask a polite question, but can is only used to ask permission to do or say something (« Can I borrow your car? » « Can I get you something to drink? »). Could is the past tense of can, but it also has uses apart from that–and that is where the confusion lies.
Will and would sentences examples?
We use will to express beliefs about the present or future:
- John will be in his office. ( …
- I thought we would be late, so we would have to take the train.
- We’ll see you tomorrow. …
- We always spend our holidays at our favourite hotel at the seaside. …
- We had a terrible night.
Will you or would you?
And English learners often get these two confused because they’re used in very similar situations. But they’re not the same. The main difference between will and would is that will is used for real possibilities while would is used for imagined situations in the future.